PAC/Seymour Winter Futsal League
January - February
Futsal is a version of soccer played indoors on hard surface courts within lines (walls are not used).
Futsal promotes creativity, technique, ball control, and passes in small spaces.
It is an exciting and fun sport for all players!
Open to boys and girls travel teams from the Northern Virginia area, U8-U16
Also open to house/rec teams for the U8 division
Saturdays and or Sundays in January and February
Kid's Choice, Annandale/Poe Middle School/NOVA College
HOW TO REGISTER
If you would like to register your team please email our futsal coordinator at email@example.com He will email you the registration form and where to send the check.
Cost is $750 per team
Deadline is mid-December
Gameday rosters may be up to 10 players for U9 and below; 8 players for U10-U15
Girls teams do play boys teams
Each team must have a coach
Premier Athletics Club is proud to be the sponsor of this league. To always remember and honor
the spirit of Adam Seymour (former PAC player) who was taken from the earth at a very young age,
PAC renamed the league the PAC/Seymour Winter Futsal League in 2011.
More About Futsal
Futsal is a variant of soccer, that is played on a smaller playing surface and mainly played indoors. Futsal is played between two teams of five players, one of whom is the goalkeeper (ie., only five players (including the goalkeeper) are allowed on the field). Unlike some other forms of indoor soccer, the game is played on a hard court surface delimited by lines; walls or boards are not used. Futsal is also played with a smaller ball with less bounce than a regular football. The rules create an emphasis on improvisation, creativity, and technique, as well as ball control and passing in small spaces.
- BALL: A regulation futsal ball will be used in competitions
- PLAYERS: 5 players including a goalkeeper are on the court at a time
- SUBSTITUTIONS: On the fly for field players. Goalkeepers may sub at the stoppage of play with the consent of the referee.
- EQUIPMENT: Numbered jerseys, shin guards, indoor footwear (with a rubber sole)
- DURATION: 25-minute halves, 5 minute half time, no time outs
- KICK INS: Kick-ins taken in place of throw-ins. The ball is placed on the touchline for re-starts. The kicker’s nonkicking foot must be outside or at least the touchline. The kick must be taken within 4 seconds; if not, the kick in is given to the opposing team. The kicker cannot play the ball a second time until it has been played by another player. Opposing players must be at least 5 meters from the point of the kick in. You cannot score directly from a kick-in.